NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
freeBSD 5.3 / php4.3.9 / WindowsXP

Hi Dmitri;

Say, where can I get a debug module for php4.3.9 that'll run under freeBSD 5.3? I'm running phpED 3.3.2 on XPHome and freeBSD under a vmWare instance.

I tried the dbg-2.16.12-FreeBSD-4.9-i686.tar.gz / dbg.so-4.3.8 debugger module without much success. I did the "telnet <clientaddr> 7869" from the freeBSD instance and was able to get that little black dot to appear, and phpinfo() reports that the debug module is loaded.

I recently moved my servers from slackware to freeBSD and hadn't gotten arround to installing the debugger until now. The debugger worked great on the slackware instance.

Thanks very much!

Martin

p.s. I misplaced my login to your server so requested an email to my nusphere@ac6rm.net address. The server said it sent the userid/pwd pair to nusphere@ac6rm.net, but I can't see it and I checked the maillog on that box and I don't see a hit. I thought I'd pick up the 3.3.3 upgrade... maybe that will have the debug module I need ...

Dmitri -- I have resolved this issue now with 3.3.3. Actually, I am not sure that it was actually in need of an upgrade: I could not figure out why the "run in debug" icon was not active for this project. It was because the startup file was a .html file. I reported this as a feature change request.

One other thing came up: I had to edit php.ini and set:
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
because when I had it to E_ALL I would get a problem "notice: undefined variable C in module dbg_eval() line 1".

Anyway, my problem is solved and I have no outstanding issue. Sorry for bothering.
Site Admin

Quote:
I would get a problem "notice: undefined variable C in module dbg_eval() line 1".

What dbg version do you use? And do you have anything like $C in the Watch window or in a breakpoint condition ?
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
freeBSD 5.3 / php4.3.9 / WindowsXP