NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

roumen, you can't just debug your scripts using the DBG module (on the server) and the webbrowser. This toolbar is some kind of trigger - when hit it "tells" DBG module that debug session is starting and also "tells" the IDE (PhpED i.e.) to start listening what the DBG module is sending.

So before you start debugging your PHP code you have to use IDE that supports debugging using DBG module - PhpED is perfect for that (try the trial!)
Thank you!

After upgrading phpEd, the IE toolbar debugger just "stopped" working. AFter hours of uninstall / re-install frustrations (IE just seems unstable on my machine, which is a 5 year old Win2k system - probably not PHPed's fault), I decided to try the firefox extension instead.

I installed the extension, changed "clienthost" to "localhost" [for ssh port-forwarding] and added the remote DBGable url .... worked first time I hit the page.

I appreciate your work on this. Thank you.
Update: IE Solution

intellispire wrote:
After upgrading phpEd, the IE toolbar debugger just "stopped" working.

It seems that IE was fixable as well. If you encounter this problem, use Regedit to check the key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PhpDbgListener.Listener

IF it is empty, then delete it and rename:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PhpDbgListener.CoDbgListener
to
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PhpDbgListener.Listener

That fixed IE for me - thanks to Dimitri and the team for the troubleshooting help.

Now I can effectively use both browsers for debugging.
New version of debug toolbar available to try out.

Hello everyone, I have updated PHPdebugger to version 0.4 which you are welcome to download and try. It is currently hosted on my site again, and I will publish it to Mozilla once Firefox 3 goes live.

http://www.originallight.com/dbgbar/phpdebugger-0.4-fx.xpi - just download it and drag the XPI file onto firefox.

Most of the updates have been to bring it in line with changes to Firefox 3 and tidy up some of the old code. Here's a list of what's changed/new.

Changed name of extension from PHPdebugger to DBGbar to prevent people from thinking this toolbar debugs PHP natively.
Updated to work with Firefox 2 up to Firefox 3.
Rewrote cookie handling code.
Added wildcard (*) to DBGable URLS - if you want debug button to work on any URL just use *.
- You can also do things like http://*.mytesterver.com to work with any subdomains
Rewrote all URL handling functions.
Fixed minor bug with cookie format.

Sorry if I've missed out any requests you've had.

Let me know if the toolbar is working okay for you, not just if its broken!

Ian Very Happy
Re: New version of debug toolbar available to try out.

I've been using 0.3 almost since I purchaged phped and never had a problem with it.

Gonna update to 0.4.

Thanks!

Nuno

iflo wrote:
Hello everyone, I have updated PHPdebugger to version 0.4 which you are welcome to download and try. It is currently hosted on my site again, and I will publish it to Mozilla once Firefox 3 goes live.

http://www.originallight.com/dbgbar/phpdebugger-0.4-fx.xpi - just download it and drag the XPI file onto firefox.

Most of the updates have been to bring it in line with changes to Firefox 3 and tidy up some of the old code. Here's a list of what's changed/new.

Changed name of extension from PHPdebugger to DBGbar to prevent people from thinking this toolbar debugs PHP natively.
Updated to work with Firefox 2 up to Firefox 3.
Rewrote cookie handling code.
Added wildcard (*) to DBGable URLS - if you want debug button to work on any URL just use *.
- You can also do things like http://*.mytesterver.com to work with any subdomains
Rewrote all URL handling functions.
Fixed minor bug with cookie format.

Sorry if I've missed out any requests you've had.

Let me know if the toolbar is working okay for you, not just if its broken!

Ian Very Happy

Thank you for this great extension! I've just tried the 0.4 version in Firefox 2.0 and everything works great icm with an Apache 2.2 server, PHP 5.2 with the latest DBG extension and PphED build 5235.
I'm a little sad though that I didn't find this extension up until now. Razz
View user's profileFind all posts by MeAngrySend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Firefox 3 RC1

Any news on an update for Firefox 3 RC1, maybe even a bump so Dbgbar will work for the 3.0.* series, in case Mozilla releases more RC versions.

Its true i could use Firefox 2, but javascript is just so slow that i prefer not to Smile
Veteran

I agree. To date, only two things kept me from using FireFox RC1, namely DBGbar and FireBug. Today I found that FireBug 1.2 is compatible with FF 3 RC1, which leaves the DBGbar. So, how about it Iflo?

Bump
Veteran

I installed in FireFox 3 today, and DBGbar 0.4 and FireBug 1.2.0b1 appear to be working fine Smile

I got this working in FF3. I got one question, what are the DBGable URLs?

Does it pattern match these and if it is a match fire the dbg messages?

Anyway, I stuffed all our intranet sites into it and it seems to work Smile

Thanks,

monk.e.boy

One small bug, the button icons don't change to disabled when the button is disabled. It would be really really cool if they went grey or something when the buttons become disabled.

monk.e.boy
Firefox toolbar for DBG available