NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Failed to map ... remote file to publishing account

I have just begun with PhpED and the debugger. My setup is an iMac running MacOS 10.4 with Apache 2 server and PHP 5. I am runing PhpED in a virtual machine (VMWare Fusion, Windows XP) on the same computer. The virtual machine has its own IP address that is different from the iMac.

I have created my first project and copied the necessary files into the virtual WinXP, mirroring the file structure of the Apache document root.

I can run php scripts, but when I try debugging, I get a series of error pop-ups that say something like :
"Failed to map "/file-path-to/include_1.php" remote file to publishing account"

In my Log window, I get a series of these pairs of error messages:

Dbg mapping Failed to map "/file-path-to/include_1.php" remote file to publishing account. Check mapping settings for the project
Dbg mapping Failed to find a way to load "/file-path-to/include_1.php" remote file. Opening it using debugger protocol 5:03:54 PM

It seems to correspond to times when the code is referring to the file in question, like an include or reading.

Into the Publishing section of my Project Properties I have created an account that uses the same username and password that I have successfully used to ftp from the virtual WinXP to my Apache server. I had no problem "get"ting files via ftp, so I don't think it is a permissions problem.
Veteran

If you have not done so yet, you should try the DBG Wizard (new-dbg-wizard-can-help-you-setup-remote-debugging-t3116.html) for a diagnosis.

anno wrote:
If you have not done so yet, you should try the DBG Wizard (new-dbg-wizard-can-help-you-setup-remote-debugging-t3116.html) for a diagnosis.

Did that as part of setting up PhpED and the debugger.
I see that:

* PHP Version: 5.2.5
* Web Server: Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.7l DAV/2 PHP/5.2.5
* Server Name: myserveripaddress
* Your Client IP Address: myserveripaddress
* Your Server IP Address: myserveripaddress
* Port: 80
* Your Web Server is on the same machine with PhpED (right in one sense, wrong in the sense that matters)
* Path to website files: /Applications/(...)/htdocs/
* Document Root is: /Applications/(...)/htdocs/

* Your PHP.INI file is /Library/PHP5/lib/php.ini
* PHP extensions directory is /Library/PHP5/extensions
* DBG (PHP DEBUGGER) Version 3.2.7 is INSTALLED

I can suggest the following settings for your Project to debug PHP scripts on Server myserveripaddress :
In the Project Properties Dialog set:

* Project -> Root Directory: /Applications/(...)/htdocs/ (I don't expect this to work)
* Mapping -> Run Mode: HTTP Mode (3-rd party WEB server)
* Mapping -> Remote URL: http://myserveripaddress/ (Is this supposed to be the same as "Root URL"?)
* Mapping -> Remote Root Directory: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ , same as Project -> Root Directory.

===================

When I try to create a new project with the suggested settings, PhpED asks 'Directory "C:\Applications\MAMP\htdocs\" does not exist, create?', I answer "No", which brings me back to the "Project Properties" window. I change the value of Project-Root Directory to an actual local directory that has a copy of my site files, bby using the file browser pop-up.

This time, I do not set any Publishing or FTP information. I save the project under a new name.

OK - this time it works a lot better. So, I think my problem was a bad setup for Publishing. I used the same information that I did to log into my iMac via the command line from WinXP -I will investigate how to set up Publishing better.

==========

(Edit: Added 1 hour after above) My new Publishing settings:
First, the Account:
Connection->Hostname or IP address: myserveripaddress (iMac's IP address)
Connection->Port: 21
Root directory: /Applications/(...)/htdocs/ [note - (...) is just an abbreviation of my file path, not what is really there.]
Time offset, h: 0 (default)
Passive mode: checked (default)
Use cache: checked (default)
Authentication-Login Name: My single-word iMac user "short name", found via Preferences->Accounts->your account info
Authentication-Password: My iMac password
Save password: checked

Be sure you can FTP from the WMWare Windows virtual machine to your MacOS account by using the same Login Name and Password, and the IP address.

Then, under Project Properties:
Publishing-Account: Choose the Account you created from the drop-down list.
Top publishing directory: / (this is where I messed up - I had left it empty)

Other settings:
Under Tools->Settings->IDE->Run & Debug:
Default run mode: HTTP mode (3rd party WEB server)
Default debugger settings:
Use custom port and host (ssh tunneling)
->Debugger port: 7869
->Debugger host: 172.16.81.128 (Very important - IP address of the VMWare WinXP virtual machine)
Veteran

Quote:
It seems like you are viewing the DBG Wizard results from the iMac's perspective. You need to look at it from the Windows XP perspective, in the same way as your PhpED would see things.

anno wrote:
Quote:
It seems like you are viewing the DBG Wizard results from the iMac's perspective. You need to look at it from the Windows XP perspective, in the same way as your PhpED would see things.

I viewed the dbg-wizard.php script within the WinXP virtual machine, using Firefox:
http://myserveripaddress/dbg-wizard.php

These fail with a "can't establish connection" error within the WinXP virtual machine:
http://localhost/dbg-wizard.php
http://127.0.0.1/dbg-wizard.php

So, I've got PhpED w/debugger working with my setup now. I'm able to Publish from my WinXP virtual machine to my iMac. I consider this problem thread Resolved.

This is the first IDE environment I've used in many years, and I wasn't all that good with the one I used way back then. I'm sure I'll encounter a lot of newbie learning issues, but that'll be the subject of other posts.
Veteran

I am glad you got it all sorted Wink