NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

Gingko wrote:
dmitri wrote:
With CLI it was a simple typo in code that led to this non-logical error. With SSL/web mode - it still requires some more investigation and correlation. Can you update SSLProtocol and add -TLSv1.3 ? This will leave 1.2 version only. Then re-start web and re-check in the wizard.
Ok.
It seems to work if I add -TLSv1.3.

I tried this on a test server.
I'd like to avoid this on a server used for production, however.
But actually, only with most recent PHP versions.

With 7.3, on the server running it (Linux Debian 10), even PhpED 19.5 stops working if I do that.

Gingko wrote:
dmitri wrote:
With CLI it was a simple typo in code that led to this non-logical error. With SSL/web mode - it still requires some more investigation and correlation. Can you update SSLProtocol and add -TLSv1.3 ? This will leave 1.2 version only. Then re-start web and re-check in the wizard.
Ok.
It seems to work if I add -TLSv1.3.
And actually …

It was the wizard.

If I effectively try to debug a remote PHP web page after a succeeding wizard, I run, randomly, across one of the three followings:

1. (right after having run the succeeding wizard)

(and the timeout is about less than a half second)

2. (server unavailable?)

3. A big PhpED IDE crash, where I'm asked if I want to run my C++ debugger, and which version.
Debugger timed out ???

Debugger timed out as subject ??

There is no timeout issue there, despite it is written in one of these error messages:
  1. The timeout message occurs absolutely instantly.
    Any real timeout is at least expected to occur after some ... uhh ... time ...
  2. This is only one out of three different results in the same kind of try.
    You look like very willing to not take the others in account.

A major PhpED IDE crash is something normal in this place?
    Really?
Not actually a timeout problem. At all.

And actually, I'd like to add the following:

Of course, all previous discussions leaded to SSL questions around several means to use the wizard, and after a lot of searches, a very very unexpected workaround seemed to help a little on it.
Actually not even completely.

But in the area of the only error messages reported in this new topic that you created by dividing the previous one:

All what is reported in this topic occurs:

EVEN IF I CONFIGURE THE PROJECT AND
THE SERVER FOR NOT USING SSL AT ALL!!!!

Last edited by Gingko on Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Site Admin

As it stated in the screenshot it is timeout issue and we have nothing else at hands.
If you find server side logs corresponding to the debug request or confirm that there are no matching logs at all, that would be helpful too.
Probably the project is not properly configured or your server side ssh is not functioning properly.
Try to reboot your server. Anyway, I don't see any relation to the previous topic because it was all about the project settings wizard. If I get it right, you were not using wizard when you created the screenshots.

Quote:
a very very unexpected workaround seemed to help a little on it

How comes? The project settings wizard in the previous version does not support TLS-1.3. Since this version is working fine for you, isn't this fact alone enough to expect this workaround to help?

PS No reason to post upper case bold red text. It won't help anyone.

Gingko wrote:
BTW if you posted logs in the course of this issue, it would save us a day or two, may be even more -- because definitely debugger posted issue in the log and did connected to the IDE and IDE started debug session but locked up because funny openssl has funny implementation of SSL_read tha locks up even though previous call to select() returned readable. Well, it's clear what's wrong with openssl and how to work this bug around, nm.
Which logs do you want, actually?
Probably not Apache ones, I couldn't see how they could help you.

Are there PhpED logs somewhere that I could even want to read myself before posting them to you?
Site Admin

If you want to help, you can configure your server(s) to save php logs. Then check if any logs are produced right at the time you're trying to launch debugger. If you find logs, post them there. If you can't, confirm you didn't find anything logged. That's it.
I'll check later on when time permits.

dmitri wrote:
If you want to help, you can configure your server(s) to save php logs. Then check if any logs are produced right at the time you're trying to launch debugger. If you find logs, post them there. If you can't, confirm you didn't find anything logged. That's it.
I'll check later on when time permits.
I've already configured that. But I have to clean them, there are many interleaving not related production ones.

Since midnight, French time, that day:

From my PHP 7.3 server, HTTP:
Quote:
[03-Oct-2023 00:08:30 Europe/Paris] PHP Warning: Failed to start DBG session, reason: "connection to the client at <i>clienthost</i> (3.248.243.87) is not allowed in php configuration (php.ini)", check http://www.nusphere.com/dbg/?err=-100 for troubleshooting in /srv/www/chorale/web/index.php on line 14
Unrelated.
I never tried to debug on that web site, nor from that IP.

From my PHP 7.3 server, CLI:
Quote:
(nothing related)

From my PHP 8.2 server, HTTP:
Quote:
[03-Oct-2023 00:00:12 Europe/Paris] PHP Warning: Undefined variable $php_bin in /srv/www/bikes/test/dbg-wizard.php on line 912

From my PHP 8.2 server, CLI:
Quote:
[03-Oct-2023 00:00:32 Europe/Paris] PHP Warning: Undefined variable $php_bin in /srv/www/bikes/test/dbg-wizard.php on line 912
[03-Oct-2023 00:00:32 Europe/Paris] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /srv/www/bikes/test/dbg-wizard.php:912) in /srv/www/bikes/test/dbg-wizard.php on line 916

I think the second one may be, until now, configured to output more logs.
Debugger timed out