NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
DebugBreak() not triggering Break Point

Hi,

I recently updated to version 20 (20035) from 19, and DebugBreak() is not triggering the break point unless I start the debugging session from PHPed it self. Once I start the debugging session, then it will trigger the breakpoints until I clear out the cookies. I have used PHPed for many years and this is the first time I'm encountering this issue.

WAMP Server 3

Please advise on how to fix this issue.

If it helps, Looks like each request is sending the following cookie:

DBGSESSID=-1; path=/; version=1
Site Admin

I don't think cookie is related. This cookie helps driving "debug session" -- meaning if you debugged one page and then clicked url or somehow else navigated to next page on the same domain, it would fire or not fire debug session. DebugBreak() is kind of trigger debugger now. If it failed, the reason can be -- it didn't know how to find the IDE's IP. You can try to set IP in the DebugBreak parameter. For example if it is 1.2.3.4, it can be called like DebugBreak("1@1.2.3.4;d=1"); The IP address is 127.0.0.1 in case of local debugging. Also it is 127.0.0.1 if sever is remote and you're using SSH tunnel straight to the server host.
If you have "debugger.fail_silently" Off in debugger section on the server, you may expect failures logged in the php log stream -- this may be a better way to chase the problem.
In any case - make sure you're running the latest debugger module. Currently it is 11.0.23, see http://www.nusphere.com/news/changes200.htm

Thanks a lot for the response. I'll look into this.
DebugBreak() not triggering Break Point