NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Weird Windows Vista Behavior?

So, I upgraded to Windows Vista Enterprise Edition, and now PhpED is acting weird on me. When I first tried running it, I got some weird List Index 0 error when the IDE came up, and it exited right away. So I upgraded to the latest build (4632) and that got rid of the error message, but PhpED just proceded to close after starting up. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it clean. But now, when I open a workspace, PhpED shuts down. Is this a known bug? I thought I saw some other thread where PhpED was working with the Business Edition of Vista, so I would guess the Enterprise version of Vista would work with PhpED, but I could be wrong.

Thanks!

Edit: It appears to be problems with workspaces with projects that have accounts associated with them. If i load the default phped.ppw, PhpED doesn't close unexpectedly.
Guru master

Have been running PhpED under Vista for a while now and not a single problem. Only issue I had is when I re"made" my window-layout for dual screen (ie moving the Tabs & Windows around. Dragging them is hellishly slow. It uses 100% CPU, you have constant flickering and the shadow they drop when they are separate windows falls over the main window (when placed next to it).

Disabling the Aero interface solved all of that (and more) problems. "Aero is the way to go!" - The hell it is! Smile
First thing I'm doing on Vista installations I will have to perform in the future is disable aero Wink
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

We are aware of only one problem in PhpED under Vista. It's chm manuals integration. They fail to open and this will be fixed in build 4633.
Also, if you have wrong URL in the project properties, all builds in range from 4629 up to 4632 may fail to load workspace containing such projects and if this workspace is the default, whole the IDE may fail to start. But it's not related to Vista at all. And of course this problem will be fixed in 4633 too.

dmitri wrote:
We are aware of only one problem in PhpED under Vista. It's chm manuals integration. They fail to open and this will be fixed in build 4633.
Also, if you have wrong URL in the project properties, all builds in range from 4629 up to 4632 may fail to load workspace containing such projects and if this workspace is the default, whole the IDE may fail to start. But it's not related to Vista at all. And of course this problem will be fixed in 4633 too.

Ah... good to know. I think the 2nd part of what you mentioned is what I'm experiencing. Thanks for the quick update and I will eagerly await 4633!
Site Admin

you may fix those URLs easily. Just open ppj files in your favorite editor (say, notepad), they are just ini files, and check all values for names that contain URL. Valid url must start with http:// or https://, followed by hostname and optional port, then optional directory. Filenames, bookmarks and GET parameters are not allowed.