NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
webdav and socks

Hi,

I've got webdav configured on phped and my server ( windows/freebsd ).
I've got the socks proxy working ( test using my browsers and it is ok. )
I've configured a socks connection on phped and I am trying to use it for my webdav connection.

Why is it not working?

The message says can't connect to myserver.name.com:80

I could manage to make the debugger work through a ssh tunnel to myserver, but the webdav connection is not happening.
Site Admin

Thanks,
We're aware of this problem since it was submitted through ContactUs page.

BTW, why do you need WebDav if you have ssh connection to your server?
To me it looks like you can go with sftp. FYI: sftp is a well-known ssh-plugin which runs on top of ssh communication transport and inherits all its security and other related things. Moreover. sftp has one little advantages over webdav. This protocol allows to update remote file date/time stamps and all Smart-Sync, Smart-Download and Smart-Upload are working better when run on an sftp account in PhpED.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Hi Dmitri,

Thanks for the tip.
Unfortunatelly I can't run sftpd on my system. The dav solution is the one the is more suitable to our corporate firewalls. Besides I'm usually changing my work location from inside the network to outside.
I'm looking forward to the next phped update Smile.

Regards.
Site Admin

Quote:
Unfortunatelly I can't run sftpd on my system

there is no sftpd for freebsd. As I mentioned before sftp is a protocol that works on top of ssh. If you have sshd running on the server, most probably you're all set with sftp too. Just try the same settings you have for your ssh tunnel (I mean hostname, port, proxy, username, password, etc).

We'll be working on the webdav issue later on this week and possibly will have it done on the next.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
webdav and socks