NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
New forum to share integration scripts

I have just recently discovered the power of integration scripts as a way to extend PHPEd. What about making a new forum for users to share their scripts. I am sure there are a lot of funky scripts being made out there.

I realize that there are a few threads with scripts, but I think that having a seperate forum would promote the use of scripts and the very fact that they exist. (Took me most of a year to figure that out:-))

On that note, and to justify posting in the "Feature request" forum, it would be really nice to see some improvements to the way these scripts are implemented. It would be nice to be able to post a "package" of scripts that would be easy to install.

For instance you could have a special folder "userscripts" to which one could unzip a file with the following structure:

nameofpackage/
nameofpackage/contents.xml - Contains names and filenames for the package
nameofpackage/script1.php
nameofpackage/script2.php
nameofpackage/script3.php
nameofpackage/script4.php

This folder should then be read and parsed when loading the IDE.

It would also be really nice if a script could somehow show a dialog with some parameters for the script when run.

I think this scripting feature could become a much stronger part of PHPEd if enough users are using it and developing new stuff.

/Jesper

a great idea.
Site Admin

just publish them there or in PhpED/Windows forum and I'll collect the posts in the FAQ. When it reaches sensible amount, I'll open new forum and move all the posts.

if it's new forum (even with only one topic in there), it would motivate people to write and share scripts. Until few days ago I didn't even know, that's possible - if there was a forum about it with nice intro "How to make, install and use integration scripts" topic - I would know sooner Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by NatanielSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Hi dmitri I would strongly suggest that you allow us to have a forum like this. I once wanted to publish some integration scripts but got discouraged because I felt it would fall to the bottom of the forum fairly quickly.

Many software packages have user submitted script sections in their support forums and it works out great.
Site Admin

feel free to start submitting phped-integration-scripts-f18.html Smile
(many thanks in advance)