NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] Upload all open files? + FF Debug Toolbar

Hi,

I have just puchased PHPEd for Windows and have found it to be very useful indeed. As I previously used Dreamweaver, this is a great step up in terms of productivity (the debugger saves so much time).

However, in Dreamweaver, I had an extension that let me upload all open files to the FTP server they were located on with one click - very useful especially when working on lots of include files.

I could not find any similar native functionality within PHPEd, and just wondered how I could possibly achieve this?

The other thing is the small matter of the PHP Debugger Toolbar. This is an excellent idea and works perfectly for IE7/Win + PHPEd/Win. The only problem is that many developers are using the Mozilla Firefox browser to develop in, as it is far superior in terms of standards compliance and it's wide range of developer specific add-ons.

I tried downloading the 3rd party PHP Debugger toolbar add-on for Firefox, but it does not work (even the author could not get it working on my installation). Is there a possibility of releasing an official debugger toolbar from NuSpehere?

Thanks for providing a great product!

Regards,

Matthew Hall
Site Admin

Quote:
I could not find any similar native functionality within PHPEd, and just wondered how I could possibly achieve this?

Quite a similar, but not exactly is Smart Upload. See project's popup menu in the Workspace window.

Quote:
I tried downloading the 3rd party PHP Debugger toolbar add-on for Firefox, but it does not work (even the author could not get it working on my installation).

Ian has contacted me and I found two problems in the cookie the toolbar sends. Hopefully, the problem will be fixed soon.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I will check out Smart Upload a bit later on - and it's good news that Ian has contacted you, can't wait to see a working version!

Thanks

Matthew

dmitri wrote:
Ian has contacted me and I found two problems in the cookie the toolbar sends. Hopefully, the problem will be fixed soon.

VERY cool. I've never been able to get the FF debugger toolbar to work either (the IE works just fine) but figured it was just me. Wink
Veteran

The FireFox toolbar has served me well so far. Better than the official IE toolbar in fact Twisted Evil

Quote:
Ian is my hero Smile