NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Tooltip Wrapping [4062]

I wasn't sure if I should post this in here, or the Feature Request, but I think it is more of a bug/limitation than a missing feature.

If I have a function or method with a large number of parameters, the tooltip ends up truncating the parameter list. Now, you could perhaps say that the code I am working with should have fewer parameters, however I doubt that will be possible to change. So, I was wondering if you would consider changing the tooltips to wrap the parameter list if it does not fit on the screen. Here is a screenshot:

I am correct in assuming that any features you add would be part of 4.6, and not 4.0, correct?
Site Admin

We're facing up with limitations every day. Say what would that tooltip show if there were much more lines? They will be trimmed, or in other words, information shown will be limited. From the developers perspectives (as we're the developers of the IDE), we surely didn't invent the tooltip component, we used a "standard" one that came with the library and you can easily imagine that it can't wrap text at all. So it looks like an "improvement" rather than a bug fixing.
And you're right. Such code changes will not be backported to non-current branches of the IDE. What we had to do for 4.0 or 4.5 is already done and we're willing to perform only very critical changes/fixes to those versions.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Tooltip Wrapping [4062]