NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

it seems Webroot (spy sweeper) is the problem, not Kasperski
we're looking for a solution to exclude phped (although it might be IE indirectly, probably used by phped even if IE is not checked as browser)

I'll have more info on this tomorrow.. almost solved

I'm still trying to work this one out. Completely stopping Webroot Spysweeper solves the problem but running it with an exclusion on Phped (and related files) or without any shields or active protection at all doesn't. It's probably a combination of Spysweeper and an other program that causes the freeze, but I haven't figured out yet what is doing what. Kasperski doesn't seem to be involved.
Guru master

Just a small idea here...
Do you happen to have TortoiseSVN installed on your machine? In combination with network drives the TSVNCache process from Tortoise (the background app that updates the SVN status for you files), regularly blocks the app that is fetching the icon for a certain file (at least on my PCs).
I have a hanging PhpED on regular bases, but all it takes is firing up the task manager and shooting down TSVNCache.
Don't know if it's related, but thought I would mention it.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Don't have that one installed..

The problem is completely related to Webroot SpySweeper. Our network people have submitted a support ticket with them to see what they come up with. Removing Webroot solves the problem, keeping the process running without active shields, doesn't.

Still strange though that the trial version of PhpED did not encounter the same problem, only the full version. Maybe this can give Nusphere an idea what file(s) may cause the problem. It could be helpful in our communications with Webroot
Temp. freezing at startup (Webroot Spysweeper)