NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Smart Sync

Is there any way to get Smart Sync to display only what files have changed? I recently did a system reinstall and installed 4.6.1, before the update, I had 4.5, possibly 4.6.0, I don't remember. It now displays info on every file, just saying that it doesn't need updated in 99% of cases, which makes it hard to see what files have actually been uploaded when just 1 or 2 out of 500 has changed.

I use Smart Sync Upload to investigate bizarre bugs which often stem from forgetting to upload a file to the testing server, something I'm very prone to doing. The summary tells me if there has been changes, which is essential, but if I could remove all the "Smart skip: target file is new than source one" messages, I could easily see exactly what I have forgotten to upload, which in turn may help me understand what had been going on. How do I return it to this behaviour?

On a related note, any chance of a Smart Sync - Update option which uploads added or changed files and deletes files on the server which aren't in the local project?
Message filter

Related to this request, I'd like to suggest a generic ( user defined ) list of filters to apply to the log messages. There're a lot of messages that I'd like to get rid of.

Thanks,
Marco Aurelio

Any update on this? I'm really surprised that this as been changed (unless it always did this and I'm imagining any different behaviour). I'm using 5.0 now and it's the same, Smart Upload displayed every file even though 99% haven't changed. This makes seeing exactly what has changed difficult and as I said, this is very useful.

I was requesting this Smart upload featured like delete on server what is not on local etc.
And this thing like make SYNC and i see what is to sync and i click confirm to sync so that it doesnt work at once but i wuld like to see fist what will be done and then i do it.
It could be event to have a checkbox next to eeach transfer action so i can uncheck some actions i dont want to do at this time in synchronizing.

I see that i for example make Smart Sync and then i do it again and nothing should be to sync becase i;ve just syned and it syns some files.
I think this is quite weird.

Tom

Any chance of this? I'm amazed at the current implementation and the lack of complaints but what I see is a major inconvenience, I don't know what other people are seeing!
Veteran

Quboid wrote:
Any chance of this? I'm amazed at the current implementation and the lack of complaints but what I see is a major inconvenience, I don't know what other people are seeing!

I agree that the feature could definitely use some improvements, especially in the areas of deletion and messaging.

Mostly because of those shortcomings, I've managed to get myself in the habit of always saving to the server (which is a development server), so I don't use Smart Sync too often. That way, I at least know when I'm saving a renamed file, and can take care of it manually. And when I do need automation, I often just head over to my Mac and use rsync instead, which is sync heaven (though it does require server-side support, which means your server must be a Unix-type server, not Windows).
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website
Smart Sync