NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[Resolved] Slow display redraw in 5.0

When I'm debugging code in 5.0 each time the output tab containing the browser window is refreshed or a new page is displayed, undocked windows are redrawn, slowing down the system quite a bit.

I have a dual monitor system and run/edit/debug code in one monitor and have info windows in the other. I first pinned and then undocked a number of the windows so that I have 5 separate windows for the main edit window, Code Explorer, Workspace/Explorer, Locals/Globals/Watch/Immediate/Call Stack/Breakpoints, and Errors/Output/Transfers/Log.

This arrangement wasn't a problem in 4.6, but in 5.0 each time the browser window is refreshed or navigated each of the undocked windows is first hidden and redrawn, then the next or refreshed page is displayed and the windows are hidden and redrawn again. It doesn't happen when displaying or navigating code.

Is there a setting that I'm missing that would keep this from happening?

Cheers,

Jon
Site Admin

Hi Jon, I know every new version does not make you feel any better Smile

Seriously, we didn't change any bit in the window painting methods so they are expected to draw themselves with exactly the same performance.
Maybe you have a slow video adapter the 2nd monitor attached to or something like this?
Maybe you disabled Adaptive GUI when worked with version 4.x?
Could you compare the settings?

dmitri wrote:
Hi Jon, I know every new version does not make you feel any better Smile

That's for darn sure -- I have just emerged from 3 days of 'updated my video driver' hell.

dmitri wrote:
Maybe you have a slow video adapter the 2nd monitor attached to or something like this?

...and my video driver hell is all your fault! Wink

dmitri wrote:
Maybe you disabled Adaptive GUI when worked with version 4.x?
Could you compare the settings?

That was it -- I had previously disabled Adaptive GUI. I also turned off 'Office11 look and feel' which sped things up just a bit too.
All better now.

Thanks!
[Resolved] Slow display redraw in 5.0