NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
select HTML block
Veteran

I would like to request the ability to select an HTML block.

In Homesite one can do this by using Ctl-Shift-Doubleclick.

For instance, if you Ctl-Shift-double click <table> tag it will highlight everything between the starting and ending <table> tags.

I would highly appreciate that feature too! Please consider it for one of the next versions.

Sounds useful - you have my vote (:
Veteran

Sorry for the bump. I'd love to hear dmitri's opinion of whether he feels this would be a useful feature.

In brief I would like to encourage that if this feature is ever considered, the "CTL-SHIFT-Doubleclick" method is a very powerful way of doing this.

Having this function allows for the following things when editing HTML templates:

• Easily highlight entire chunks of HTML that you can then delete, copy, cut, or move. Eg: you want to move a form to another location, you can just CTL-SHIFT-Doubleclick on the <form> tag and hit CTL-X to cut it out.
  • Easily tab or untab a block of code
  • Find the ending tag easily in a huge block of HTML.

This is especially useful in LARGE blocks of HTML where the end tag might be burried far down the file.

Imagine a scenario where you have a

Code:

<div id="page">

right at the begining of the file and the closing

Code:

</div>

is maybe even 200 lines down. Finding that closing div is really hard currently.[/code][/list][/list]
Guru master

I recently found out that the "Find matching bracket" from the IDE / IDE Shortcuts / Search option (with a default shortcut of Shift+F2) also selects (probably because there's shift in the shortcut I assume).
You also have a "Match bracket" in the Editor / Editor Shortcuts / Search and replace operations with a default shortcut of Ctrl+[, that one doesn't select.
So, if they would just implement the "find matching bracket" for a html file where it would be a "find matching tag", then they would be all done Wink
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

I agree, it's useful.
We'll implement it after we finish our development with html parser.