NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
search preferences, and selected text automatically filled
Veteran

Is there any way to get the search functionality to remember if you prefer to search in files, in the current project, or only in open files?

Also, is there any way to set it so that if you highlight text and open up the Find In Files/Replace in Files dialogs that text is prefilled into the search field?
Site Admin

Quote:
Is there any way to get the search functionality to remember if you prefer to search in files, in the current project, or only in open files?

It actually remembers what you preferred.
If you invoke the dialog from Search->Find, or Search->Search in files (or replace), the last choise will be restored
If you invoke the dialog by right clicking on the project tree, it will reset to the project files or directory, depending on if your click was done on the project or its directory.

Quote:
Also, is there any way to set it so that if you highlight text and open up the Find In Files/Replace in Files dialogs that text is prefilled into the search field?

Tools->Settings->Editor setting->Find text at cursor. But again, it will work if you run it from toolbar or top menu, not from the workspace popup.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Hi dmitri,

Thanks for your reply, but the feature does not operate exactly as you describe.

1) The feature works properly for Search and Replace.
2) The feature does NOT work for "Search In Files" and "Replace In Files"

Here's how to reproduce:

1) Put the cursor at a word of your choice
2) Click Search => Find in Files
3) When the dialog box shows up the words to search for is the LAST words you tried to search, not what is under the cursor.
4) In the same dialog box, the "Search In" field will not highlight the correct choice which you used last time. For instance, for me it always selects "Directories" even though the last search attempt I made was "Opened Files" or "Active Project"
5) Repeat steps 1 - 4 except use "Alt-F7" to pull up the Search In Files dialog. Same results.
6) Repeat steps 1-4 except use "Replace in Files". Same results.

This occurs in 5.6.1, windows version, in Windows XP.

The following however DOES work:

1) Put cursor at word of your choice
2) Click Search => Find, OR use the shortcut (Ctl - F)
3) The dialog box comes up with the word at the cursor in the search box.
4) Click on the Find in Files tab in the dialog box
5) What happens: The word at the cursor is correctly filled into the search field of the Search in Files dialog. Also, the last used "Search In" radio button is selected.

I can reproduce this error every single time I try.

Please, please consider fixing this.
Search features / bugs

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing the same think with the search window configuration.

But I'm getting another problem:

When I try to search files/directories, no matter which directory I choose, It goes to a directory outside of my project and with no relations to it. ( This was a directory used on another project I had about 3 week ago ).
This makes the "find in directory" feature useless for me. I can not find any text I try.

Another thing is the annoying alarm on the search results saying the file is a binary one and will be skipped.
For every search I do, I get about 4 valid results for the text and about 100 lines saying my gif image file is skipped for the search.

Is there a way to turn this Messages off on the search only? I don't wanna loose other error messages.

Thanks
Marco Aurelio
Site Admin

Quote:
I get about 4 valid results for the text and about 100 lines saying my gif image file is skippe
I'd recommend you to use appropriate list of file masks in "File masks" input. For example *.php;*.inc;*.html;*.css;*.js
In this case you won't get any problems with "binary" or "large" files.