NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] Quotation mark back slashed in watch list

Hello,

Could you please make PhpED show variables’ values in debug mode in a bit different way?

I am very often use curl library. I get problem when I am trying to check the result HTML code in watch list. If it contains double quotation mark (could you imagine HTML without it?), dollar or some others they will be back slashed.

So if you will copy variable’s content to any *.html document and try to see how it looks in browser (I am using Dreamweaver’s preview) you will see totally different page.

Of cause if you will output the same variable the result will be correct.

Thank you in advance

Vitali

Does anyone understand what I am asking? Because I have not received neither positive nor negative answer yet. May be I am doing something wrong? How other developers solve this problem? Or I am the only one person who uses watch?

Regards

Vitali
Site Admin

It's how strings are represented and properly escaped in PHP. If you want to get literal values, just uncheck <show in php format> checkbox in the popup menu.

dmitri wrote:
It's how strings are represented and properly escaped in PHP. If you want to get literal values, just uncheck <show in php format> checkbox in the popup menu.

That is exactly what I need.
Thank you
[resolved] Quotation mark back slashed in watch list