NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PhpEd v.4, "Failed to start debugging session, timeout&

I have 2 simple files - one HTML with <form> to submit values and one .PHP that got invoked when user pressed "Submit" on the form.
When I press F9 - I getting an error: "Failed to start debugger session (timeout), please verify settings for the local debugger module".
I made all possible searches on the WEB and forums and find only old posts. I also try to follow the steps described here:
http://forum.nusphere.com/faq-when-i-try-to-run-debuger-it-fails-with-timeout-message-t578.html (rather old post though) and it didn't help either.

What I need to accomplish is the following:
Fill-in the HTML form manually (just like user would do it) and then be able to stop on the breakpoint in PHP file, once it got invoked.

I run Win XP Pro, with IIS and all debugging and development is on the local machine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

PS: I tried ZEND studio and PhpED - and really like PhpED - it looks and feels really professional and fully featured.

Gleb Esman

Here is a simplified version of what I am trying to accomplish:
- 2 local files exists - getPassword.html and checkPassword.php. Win XP + IIS.

- getPasswordhtml has this:
<form name="passwordForm" method="post" action="checkPassword.php">
<input name="checkEmail" type="text" size="40">
<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit">
</form>

- Tools->Settings->IDE Settings->Run mode set to "HTTP 3-rd party WEB server".

- I want to run HTML file, fill in the form as it shows up and then stop at a breakpoint in .php file.

I set a breakpoints, run the HTML (click green arrow), fill in the form but execution never stops in .php breakpoints, instead it shows all php output in "Output" window.

This shouldn't be a rocket science, but I haven't found a way to get stopped at breakpoints.

Help!

Gleb Esman
Site Admin

Quote:
What I need to accomplish is the following:
Fill-in the HTML form manually (just like user would do it) and then be able to stop on the breakpoint in PHP file, once it got invoked.

Please read this:
http://forum.nusphere.com/howto-run-debug-session-t585.html

Quote:
I want to run HTML file, fill in the form as it shows up and then stop at a breakpoint in .php file

HTML is not a script and php debugger has nothing to do with it.
If your form submits to a php script, debugger starts when there is DBGSESSID variable with appropriate value.

Also, I'd like to add that if HTML form itself was produced as a result of previous debug session, debugger would start new one automatically upon submit to next php script and corresponding DBGSESSID variable is passed via cookie, so no POST or GET variable is required in this case.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
PhpEd v.4, "Failed to start debugging session, timeout&