NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PhpDock

PhpDock seems to recognize most of the CSS commands I use, but it does not seem to recognize any hover events, not does it recognize a CSS statement like: border-radius: 16px !important;

Here is a CSS for hover changes that is recognized in my browser, but not in PhpDock:

input:hover
{
border: none; /* <-- This thing here */
color:#f00 !important;
background-color: #81f1f1 !important;
border:3px solid #fcc !important
}

Can anyone tell me how I can fix this issue? It appears that PhpDock is not up to date with CSS standards. I also see that PhpDock is from back in 2016. Is there a newer .exe for PhpDock?

Thank you.

UPDATE 1: It seems like PhpDOCK uses an old browser with settings and CSS capability that are years old and not current. Can I update the browser part of PhpDock in any way? It seems like something should have been updated since 2016, which is the date of the .exe file for Build 2027. Please help. I need the CSS to work properly, just as it does when in PhpED.

UPDATE 2: I see from a post by bholbrook from years ago (Oct Sun 18, 2009 8:38 am) that I am not stuck with using the built-in IE browser in PhpDock. I can simply open my current browser and enter this in the address bar: 127.0.0.1:8001

and my application opens up with the proper CSS styling, etc. Thanks to bholbrook.
Site Admin

Embedded IE works differently than standalone. You have to update IE version to the highest
See, for example, this post https://superuser.com/questions/432154/how-can-i-change-settings-or-version-of-embedded-browser-in-windows7 or this post https://weblog.west-wind.com/posts/2011/May/21/Web-Browser-Control-Specifying-the-IE-Version
PhpDock v2 uses system supplied IE.
In v3 we're planning to add optional support for Mozilla 52 and Chrome 109 -- but they will take up to hundred megabytes

>> PhpDock v2 uses system supplied IE.
>> In v3 we're planning to add optional support for Mozilla 52 and Chrome 109 -- but they will take up to hundred megabytes.

Thank you for your response.

Mozilla and Chrome are space pigs and thus that option does not suit me.

Since I now know that using "127.0.0.1:8001" allows me to see my work in my own preferred browser rather than in some old garbage like IE, that seems to be the best route for me.

But it's nice to know that there may be possible options.

Are you familiar with ZZEE PHP GUI by ZZEE.com? It does what PhpDock wants to do, yet it doesn't seem to have as many features as PhpDock. I'm a bit surprised more people don't offer a similar product as you and ZZEE (ZZEE Php GUI is now free, I see).
PhpDock