NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PHP debugger on Ubuntu -- apache2, php5.1.2

Has anyone had success under this scenario? (Ubuntu, apache2, php5.1.2)
I am unable to get the module to load.
I've added the extension=dbg.so and the [debugger] section to the php.ini files in both locations (/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini and /etc/php5/cli/php.ini)
Restarted apache completely (not just using httpd) and still phpinfo() does not show it loaded.

Anyone else have similar experience?

Thanks.

Quote:
I've added the extension=dbg.so and the [debugger] section to the php.ini files in both locations (/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini and /etc/php5/cli/php.ini)

Please check phpinfo() where your php looks for php.ini. Then check apache's error_log, often it contains some hints, finally comment out all unnecessary extensions.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I checked the path info for the php.ini and I have placed the dbg.so file correctly.
In the apache error logs I see:
"PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20051025/dbg.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20051025/dbg.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[Tue Aug 15 14:40:56 2006] [notice] Apache/2.0.55 (Ubuntu) DAV/2 SVN/1.3.1 PHP/5.1.2 configured -- resuming normal operations
"

Maybe I don't have apache2 configured to be able to load dynamic shared objects?

aha, it's clear that either there is no dbg.so in /usr/lib/php5/20051025
or insufficient rights for apache's user.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Got it! Sorry ddmitre, I don't know how you keep up with it all.
This was happening because I had the wrong dbg.so copied over. I am running this on 64bit ubuntu, and the dbg.so module I was trying to start was 32 bit or maybe it had become corrupted. I don't know. I just rechecked the one I had and saw that the file size was different from what it should be, recopied, restarted and there it was.

Thanks!

Mike.

ehh, it happens Smile

congratulations Smile
PHP debugger on Ubuntu -- apache2, php5.1.2