NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
php_dbg.dll for PHP 4.3.11 ?

I recently downloaded the PHPed eval and it doesn't include a debug DLL for PHP v3.4.11 (latest DLL is 4.3.10).

Will the 3.4.10 DLL work?

Is my only option to downgrade to v3.4.10?

(Local machine with stand-alone Apache/PHP installation.)
Site Admin

Evaluation version comes with debugger modules that were released at the time when the evaluation version was released itself. I think 4.3.10 is sufficient for evaluation purposes too.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I've made a build of the latest DBG source agianst 4.3.11. You can get the DLL (and required copyright notice) here:
Code:
http://tresni.crackmonkey.us/upload/dbg.zip

To NuSphere/Dmitri:
I do believe I have complied completely with the DBG License as stated in COPYING. If I didn't please let me know. I'm not trying to harm you guys in anyway, but $300 is a little more than a student like me can afford for DBG [since it's not sold seperately..] and I need this to work with 4.3.11

Notice This is compiled with Visual Studio .Net and requires the 7.1 runtimes [msvcr71.dll iirc]!
Site Admin

Notice 1 This is version 2.11.32 and is not compatible with NuSphere PhpED
Notice 2 All NuSphere customers can download the latest debugger version (2.16.20) My Updates->NuSphere PhpED 3.3 debugger modules and the packages contain modules for php-4.3.11 for various platforms.
Notice 3 Effectively debugger modules cost nothing and $297 are for the IDE.
Notice 4 If you're a student, you may get significant discount. Please contact NuSphere Customer Care Dept. [sales AT nusphere DOT com].
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie wrote:
Notice 3 Effectively debugger modules cost nothing and $297 are for the IDE.

Not to be a pain in the rear, but to any of us who don't have PhpED it seems that the debugger is tied directly in with the IDE an in this manner it's cost is the cost of the IDE. We have no access to the current version otherwise.. Why not continue to release a "freeware" version that is based of the current IDE version just minus the bells and whistles [such as the systray icon and dialogs.] Basicly nothing more then we have now, just with all the latest bug fixes or tweaks and what not?

Thank you for all your hard work on DBG, it is an awesome library and a much needed one as well. Best of luck and good health.
Site Admin

Actually I'm maintaining two streamlines of DBG. One for PHPED IDE (2.16 now) and one for others (2.11). There is no older or newer, both are "current". The only difference is set of features available with them.
Regarding the SUBJ, I'll rebild 2.11.32 for newest php soon and will make binaries available. On the other hand, sources of 2.11 are always available and many people can compile them themselves (like you did).

ddmitrie wrote:
Actually I'm maintaining two streamlines of DBG. One for PHPED IDE (2.16 now) and one for others (2.11). There is no older or newer, both are "current". The only difference is set of features available with them.

A little off topic, but what new/differant features are present in 2.16?
php_dbg.dll for PHP 4.3.11 ?