NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] php cant find included files

Ok, I could be missing something here, but I'm not sure what. I have a project setup (evolve2). project has 2 directories: main and inc.

I have a library collection that all of my apps use that I have included with the Code Insight Includes option. I have set up the mapping so that the directory main maps to the app root on the remote server, and the inc folder maps to the location where I store my includes on the remote server.

On the includes tab of the project properties, I have made sure that all of the files listed are properly mapped under Resolved file name

When I begin the debugger, it comes back with the warning message that it cant find the file 'evolve-setup.inc' to include. I've double-checked the Includes tab of the properties and that file (evolve-setup.inc) has been correctly resolved. The application is working correctly on the remote server, so I know its not something in my code (like a typo). Any ideas on what I have set-up incorrectly that is preventing me from running this with the debugger?
Veteran

The problem is that you are running the debugger with local Srv server and not remote server - the settings are different therefore. The question is what would you like to do:
- run remote debugging with the remote server (recommended if you want to debug the exactly the same environment as your production server)
- setup includes on the local system- also quite doable

Thanks!

yfaktor wrote:
The problem is that you are running the debugger with local Srv server and not remote server - the settings are different therefore. The question is what would you like to do:
- run remote debugging with the remote server (recommended if you want to debug the exactly the same environment as your production server)
- setup includes on the local system- also quite doable

Thanks!

I cant run debugging on the remote server since I'm in a shared environment (University). I've spoken with the Admin, and he is looking into adding it to the development environment, but no guarantees.

So I'll need to change all my includes to point to the local system? ick.... Crying or Very sad

There's no way to be able to leave the include in the files pointing to the correct location on the actual server, and use the Includes tab of the Project properties to remap them to their local equivalents? I thought that was the whole purpose of that section of the project properties???
Site Admin

Quote:
So I'll need to change all my includes to point to the local system?

Whenever you work with SRV server, it uses php that comes with phped and depending on the version number 5 vs 4, its php.ini is located in c:\program files\phped\php5\php.ini or c:\program files\phped\php\php.ini
Feel free to edit this file and update include_path setting.