NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Newbie: Basic question about using NuSphere

I am intestested in purchasing NS and want to know whether it can do the following:

I am developing on an XP Pro box but the pages are running on either a linux or a Windows server that is being hosted by a third party. Can I debug my pages in this environment or do I have to run the app on my local computer?

TIA,

Larry Woods
Site Admin

it depends.

If your hosting company allow you to install custom modules (mine allows), you will install debugger and therefore will be able to debug on the linux remotely.
Alternatively you can debug under linux if you install VmWare'd linux on your XP and finally you can of course debug under XP.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thanks, but I need to debug on linux. For example, I installed Wordpress on a remote linux box and it crashes. An exact copy of Wordpress works fine on my XP box, through IIS. I suppose I could install linux and VMWare. Who is the hosting company that you use?

TIA,

Larry Woods
Site Admin

I leased collocation and can do whatever I want to do. With shared hosting it often does not work.

Quote:
I suppose I could install linux and VMWare.

yep, it's a good solution. Especially if you setup shared drivers (one or more win32 folders will be visible under Linux) and it's pretty simple to use them as Document Root for Apache and as project root for PhpED.

Let know if you encounter any problem on this way.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Newbie: Basic question about using NuSphere