NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
More than one 3rh party WEB server’s settings in one project

Hello,

Just few days ago I have used PhpED’s remote debugging for a first time. It helps me find the bug in PHP script which was using XAJAX very quickly.

Now my request: I am asking to make possible to use more than one 3rh party WEB server’s settings in one project. Here is the explanation:

I am using local apache web server (on my PC) to debug and test engine before I will upload it. The advance of local server is that it allows to debug scripts quicker (I am not downloading or uploading anything to the WWW). When local testing period will finish the engine will be uploaded to the original server.

Now to debug everything from original server I have to change settings in “Projects Properties > Mapping”. After I have to set it back to local one and so on. As you see this is not very handy.

Waiting to your replay

With kindest regards

Vitali
Guru master

Why not create 2 projects in the same workspace, one for local, one for remote? Just an idea Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Blizz wrote:
Why not create 2 projects in the same workspace, one for local, one for remote? Just an idea Smile

Thank you very much, that seems to be good sugestion.

p.s. It is not of cause as good as having two 3rh party WEB server’s settings in one project but still acceptable.
Guru master

Delphi wrote:
It is not of cause as good as having two 3rh party WEB server’s settings in one project but still acceptable.

Yes but isn't it easier? Because having more than one target server usually also means having several mappings (at least a different root directory per server), which kinda makes it another project altogether no? Anyway, glad I could help.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Blizz wrote:
Delphi wrote:
It is not of cause as good as having two 3rh party WEB server’s settings in one project but still acceptable.

Yes but isn't it easier? Because having more than one target server usually also means having several mappings (at least a different root directory per server), which kinda makes it another project altogether no? Anyway, glad I could help.

You were right, few minutes later after I have posed my last message I get the main idea of you suggestion. I have tried to change what I have said but forum script said that I do not have enough permission Wink

Currently I have created another project in the same workspace as you suggest and everything seems to be ok.
More than one 3rh party WEB server’s settings in one project