NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Left Ctrl+Click To Bring Up Function Help

Hi All,

Just a quick question, I have been using phped7 since its release and think its great but there is a feature which I am sure existed in v6 which is gone.

When editing source code, you used to be able to hold down the left ctrl key and click on a function name and it phped would auto expand the left hand panel and display the correct information about that function in the php help. For instance, if I clicked is_array() in my code, it would display that help in phped.

Now I know this functionality works with the functions / methods by going directly to that piece of source code, but is there something I have missed in the options?

Cheers!

Matt
Guru master

Ctrl+click is Find Declaration, so for a built-in PHP function it isn't going to find a declaration and nothing will happen.

I can't remember it what it did in v6.x for built-in functions. I'm guessing you might be referring to the Functions panel?

You can press F1 for help on a built-in and the help will show full help in a browser window, but that window isn't dockable into the left/right panels.

If you place your cursor anywhere in a function argument list, you can press Ctrl+Shift+Space and the function overview will be displayed, which works for both built-in and project functions. The currently selected argument is shown in bold. That overview is the same as shown in the Functions panel.

I set the PHP help to be displayed in an external browser window Settings > IDE > Help then tick Show help in external browser then use Ctrl+Shift+Space as a quick reminder when I need it.

Hi Pnp,

Thanks for your response, a nice lil tip there about the ctrl+shift+space, i wasnt aware of it, i am sure it will save me time and effort in the future.

Out of curiosity, I downloaded / reinstalled 6.2 and uninstalled 7.0. The functionality I am describing above where you can left ctrl + click to open up php help about that function does work. I wonder why the development team for phped decided to remove this really useful feature? Maybe I should make a post in the features request forum and see what they say.

Cheers!

Matt
Site Admin

Sorry, I wasn't aware that this functionality is used by somebody and we didn't port it to v7 when we re-implemented whole the functionality behind that Functions window. Feature will be restored in build 7039.

Great thank you for supporting your community so much Dmitri!
Left Ctrl+Click To Bring Up Function Help