NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Issue installing Debugger

Hi,

I am trying to install the PHP debugger on my linux server, however to no avail. The server is Ubuntu running in a VM on a Windows XP host, however this should not be any problem until it is time to interface with PHPED. So far I have followed the instructions and the wizard however can never get it to register. The instructions are as follows:

To install it, please do the following:

* Your debugger module dbg-php-5.2.so is packed into <PhpED install path>\debugger\server\Linux\dbg-3.8.0-Linux-glibc-2.3.tar.gz archive, in x86 subdirectory inside the archive
* Copy dbg-php-5.2.so into /usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs on your server localhost.
* Add the following lines into /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
zend_extension="/usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/dbg-php-5.2.so"
Note: if debugger module is loaded using this way, please make sure extension=dbg-php-5.2.so line is removed or commented out.
[debugger]
debugger.hosts_allow= 127.0.0.1 localhost
debugger.hosts_deny=ALL
debugger.ports=7869
* debugger.hosts_allow has should be in format debugger.hosts_allow= host1 host2 host3, where host1, host2 and host3are host names or IP or network addresses allowed to start debug sessions.
* Restart web server
* Launch phpinfo and check its output. Make sure that one of the topmost headers contains
Zend Engine vX.X.0, Copyright (c) 1998-200x Zend Technologies with DBG v 3.8.0, (C) 2000, 2009 by Dmitri Dmitrienko

I get to the last step and the phpinfo page hasn't got any info on it to do with dbg. I also tried just extension = "/usr/lib/restofpath" however to no avail. Could anyone give me some troubleshooting tips? Thanks. By the way, this was my first experience with PHPED, and despite this issue which is really out of anyone's control, it looks like a fantastic debugger, so much that I am poised to ditch Dreamweaver after some more testing.
Site Admin

check your server logs, error_log in particular. Probably, the answer is there.

Thanks for the tip. Turns out the path wasn't correct to the file. I tried retyping the path by hand and although it looked exactly the same to me, it worked, so I'm happy. Also, are you responsible for this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ7WvVAFQrc . I just watched it and couldn't stop laughing when the sound came through.
Issue installing Debugger