NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
HTML Validator causing

Every time i leave a line of code for more than 3 seconds i get a damn error saying "Cannot perform the validation because there are no user defined tag names in the configuration. Is a valid configuration loaded? Make sure that the default configuration files specifies the correct file with full path information in the General tab of the Validator Engine Options"

The alert opens with the title "HTML Validator: Cannot Validate"

1. I dont have the full version of CSE validator so i cannot modify the configuration path information
2. I have not done anything to the settings to cause this error!
3. In external tools, if i delete the path information to CSE validator then it all works again
4. When i restart PHPEd, it fills this path in again and we go back in a loop all over again!

Its driving me crazy!

Please can someone shed some light on this

Attached is an image of the error

Guru master

I get a pretty similar error on regular bases if I terminate a debug session or something, the HTML validator as well. This has never happend before and is new since build 5223, so yes, if anyone knows why this is and how it's resolved...
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Sorry, yes i must also state that i am running build 5223!

I am having this exact same issue, I use 5220, however.

I'm new to phped and can not find where to set the "tags" for this html validation - any help here?
Fix

Update to the latest version and uninstall HTML Validator from the PHPEd folder. This is what support suggested to me

If you want a quick fix just for that session, go into Settings->External Tools and delete the line with the Validator in it, it will not validate again until you restart PHPEd

The full fix is to uninstall PHPEd as well, its an issue with HTML Validator

If you still have problems they suggest you contact them through a ticket, they replied to me in 5hours, but they are also 8 hours behind me as im in GMT

Thanks for the tip.

I'm certainly not going to uninstall 200$ software because of a simple issue that can be resolved.

I'll give updating a shot later. I do not code in HTML, I normally get these html valdiation only when dealing with .css files.
Site Admin

What chrislomax posted is not exactly correct or may be a kind of misunderstanding.
No, you do not have to uninstall $200 product.

First of all the problem you experienced is with bundled software, namely CSE HTML Validator. Its settings are getting corrupted time after time. You have very little to do with it but back them up and restore if you get the problem again. In order to get the files to backup, you need to a) uninstall CSE by runing unins000.exe in "phped\CSE Validator Lite 65" subdirectory. Then install PhpED over again. Then backup whole the "phped\CSE Validator Lite 65" subdirectory.