NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
How to invoke context help for predefined php functions?

Hi,

I'm having this problem for quite sometime now. When I right click ANY php core function and click on "Find Declaration" or even do a Shift+F12.. it does nothing...

earlier I recall it should open the documentation for me.

Where as if I type the same function in the "Functions" window, I get the documentation for it.

How do I fix this? I tried a complete uninstall + reinstall...

Thanks
Site Admin

Make sure that function/method/constant/class etc that you're trying to "find" is shown in the Code Explorer.
If it is not there, make sure that the library is either in the project or in one of the directories listed in Project Properties->Code Insight Includes.

Im sorry but I don't understand what you are talking about??

My problem is that the functionality phpEd provides about showing documentation for in built php functions like fopen, substr, etc does not work.... The shortcut for this command is Shift + F12
Veteran

You don't "Shift +F12" to find docs for functions. Shift + F12 is to find Declaration (where a var, class, method, etc is defined).

Use the Help flyout that should be on the right side of your screen.
Site Admin

Quote:
Im sorry but I don't understand what you are talking about??

All I'm about is your original post, where you wrote: 'When I right click ANY php core function and click on "Find Declaration"'.

Quote:
My problem is that the functionality phpEd provides about showing documentation for in built php functions like fopen, substr, etc does not work....

These functions are not user-defined and an attempt to find their declaration with Shift-F12 or "Find Declaration" can not succeed. If you need documentation, just press F1 and it will lookup for the function name in the PHP manual. Certainly PHP Manual is installed with PhpED. See Tools->Settings->Help.

thanks! my confusion is now solved... F1 was probably what i should have tried in the first place Razz

cheers!
How to invoke context help for predefined php functions?