NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
help tab settings are not saved

Hello,

Help tab settings (the order and chosen content) will not persist once PhpED is restarted.
Maybe it is just evaluation issue. But I want to make sure that it works in full version.
Saving workplace did not help.

Other than that, nice job on help tab, very useful.

{build 4048eval}

Could someone with full version confirm that settings stay as set in: Tools-Settings-IDE-Help list?
If I uncheck manuals or change their position and close and reopen PhpEd it will show them all again.
Thanks.

{Build 4048eval}
Site Admin

could you please attach screenshots (before changes, after changes and after restart of the IDE)?
Does IDE show "processing ... .chm" when it starts?
Are there any "errors" shown in the list of manuals?
Are all the manuals included to the list working okay?
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I found a problem.
After changing order and adding Apache manual everything works fine even after restart. And here we come to the shots. First one when adding mysql 5.0 manual. It adds without problem (no errors) everything works as normal but when restarting program (second shot) all manuals are set as were after install.

The mysql manual can be opened and worked with without problem (alone or in PhpEd). TOC is building up with no errors when restarting but somehow it messes up with the setting.
I downloaded new refference 5.0 http://dev.mysql.com/doc/ and it works without problem. Very Happy

Now look at the 3rd shot. I selected only the 'corrupt' manual. You can see that instead of TOC when you open the manual is actual manual again (double extra level) and then when you open the manual you get the TOC. Which is not happening in windows help. That might be the problem.

After restarting I would get back to the problem - all settings gone, all manuals residing in help folder listed.

If you want to test it. Tell me how I can send you the troubled manual which was in MySQL 5.0.16 version pack.
(the file is manual.chm, has 1.67MB and MD5-23c746e7cd3643639d8db247efe82e8d)

Regards,
Jan.
help tab settings are not saved