NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Help for new features in 4.6

I just upgraded to 4.6 and I was wondering if there was a guide to the new features somewhere?
I see them listed here:
http://www.nusphere.com/products/phped_features.htm
but I can't seem to find a more detailed guide to usage. For instance searching for "set execution point" in the help doesn't yield any hits. Is there a readme or something online that details the changes and I'm just missing it?

Thanks,

--Jon
Veteran

Hi - good points, all true. We are stll working on the manual, the latest push was for writing the section about the section about Project mapping which generated the most of the questions. This sectino was actually added to FAQ
So, about new features:
- Set execution point allows you to "move around" the code, while you are debugging. When in the debugging sessino, set the cursor to the line you want to go and bring up pop-up menu. You'll see the item "Set execution point". Select it and the current execution point will jump to that line.
- Expression True global allow you to set the condition on break point which checked all the time (thus Global) and if this condition becomes true at any point, the break point will be invoked - this is described in the manual too. Please note that the program executes slower if you use such breakpoints - this is because the condition needs to be evaluated all the times

I hope it helps.

yfaktor wrote:
I hope it helps.

Yes it does -- thanks. I look forward to more. Smile

Is this the place to mention that pressing the 'help' button when the 'mapping' tab of the 'project properties' dialog is displayed doesn't display help? (it works from the other tabs) And after navigating to the 'Examples of Mapping Settings' section in help, the graphics are missing. (Build 4613) Confused

--Jon
Site Admin

just my 2c.

this post contains all the graphs:
howto-set-project-mapping-t2135.html
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie wrote:
just my 2c.
this post contains all the graphs:
howto-set-project-mapping-t2135.html

Excellent -- thanks!
Help for new features in 4.6