NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Firebug issue when using PhpEd Srv

I am not sure if this is a Firebug issue or a PhpEd Srv issue, but I'll start here. When attempting to view a js script (served from PhpEd Srv) from the Firebug console, a message similar to the following appears:

The requested URL alias for /C:/foo/scripts/somescript.js is not defined.

The script actually does load as far as PhpEd Srv is concerned and executes correctly. The corresponding URL for the script in the Firefox address bar is:

http://localhost:8080/file:/C:/foo/scripts/somescript.js

I have also posted this on the Firebug forum (Google Groups) at
http://groups.google.com/group/firebug/browse_thread/thread/d9ed8605089aa993
Site Admin

If this message comes from FireBug, I think it's more appropriate to ask FireBug developers.
Regarding SRV, you may try to use Apache instead. There are a lot of freeware apache packages available on the NET and one of them is provided by NuSphere. See TechPlatform product.

The primary reason I also posted the message here is that the Firebug script tab works fine outside of the Srv environment (served from Apache or IIS). Yes, Apache takes care of that problem (as well as providing mod-rewrite)...it's just that I really liked the convenience of Srv.

The second reason I posted here is that I simply wasn't sure which environment generates the message.
Site Admin

SRV is there for simle projects. It's good to get the IDE working out of the box, right? For the real project we always advice to use Apache Smile