NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Debugging with external Apache and Php 5.1.4

Hi all,

I downloaded PhpEd Trial Version and I'd like to buy it, because I think it helps me to work better and faster but I have some questions.

I work in PHP Web Development and I need debug code frecuently. PhPEd does it efficiently.
My projects are complex so It doesn't work with srv local web server, and I need my party web server (external Apache with php 5.1.4). With Local web server is possible debug code with dbg phped internal, but I get error when try it same with external Apache server.

Could I comunicate dbg with my external phped local server? Maybe it's only a configuration problem... or maybe I need another dbg component.

I need your help.

Thanks in advance.
Veteran

Hi there, debugging with external web server and PhpED is absolutely possible and quite doable. We posted the whole white paper on it here: howto-set-project-mapping-t2135.html - this is also in PhpED manual.
In summary these instructions will tell you to :
- install dbg extension on your external server (there is a link to the instructions as well)
- setup a project in PhpED to do that and then map local to remote files

Please note that if you external Apache is on the same machine as PhpED you won't need to make copie of your external files - there are examples of these things in that post.
I hope it helps - good luck!

Hi yfaktor,

thanks a lot for your help, white paper post is really useful, so I know I need configure Example #4.

yfaktor wrote:

- install dbg extension on your external server (there is a link to the instructions as well)

I can't find out dbg extension for my Apache web server. Remember I use PHP 5.1.4 version.
Could you help me to download it?

Maybe I need to configure dbg dll in php.ini?

Thanks again
Veteran

dbg modules needed are in phped install directory under debugger/server - you will need to select your platform
Debugging with external Apache and Php 5.1.4