NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
debugger.enable_session_cookie = false

Hi

I'm using the PHP Debugger as part of VS_php, if that counts towards anything.

But anyway, I needed to test a bunch of scripts outside my default browser (which the IDE launches with the Debugger Session ID and Clienthost GET vars). Since these won't have the same session IDs, I thought I could get the debugger to fire for all page requests by setting

Code:
debugger.enable_session_cookie
in php.ini to false.

Here's the rest of my php.ini:

Code:
[DBG]
debugger.enabled = true
debugger.JIT_enabled = true
debugger.fail_silently = false
debugger.profiler_enabled = true
debugger.JIT_host = 192.168.0.23
debugger.JIT_port = 1234
debugger.enable_session_cookie = false

But it turns out to not work at all now.

Is there any way to get the PHP Debugger to break regardless on who the client is? I'm wanting to test my scripts that get called by another web-application (which is out of my control) so I need to get PHP DBG to hold on breakpoints I've set.

Thanks
Site Admin

I'm not sure about the idea behind "holding all the breakpoints and break regardless on who the client is". Say we've done it. What will happen if for example 100 people come to the site and open a page? Normally a developer want to see and debug only scripts he/she asked for.
Regarding enable_session_cookie, it's for session handling. When it is enabled and IDE supports this feature, it will let you continue debugging next pages/posts resulted from the page has been debugged. If IDE does not support this, you will see no changes.

dmitri wrote:
I'm not sure about the idea behind "holding all the breakpoints and break regardless on who the client is". Say we've done it. What will happen if for example 100 people come to the site and open a page? Normally a developer want to see and debug only scripts he/she asked for.

The script is running on a test server not a public server. How am I supposed to debug PHP pages that are called by external web-apps then? Or is this impossible?

dmitri wrote:
Regarding enable_session_cookie, it's for session handling. When it is enabled and IDE supports this feature, it will let you continue debugging next pages/posts resulted from the page has been debugged. If IDE does not support this, you will see no changes.

Ah, thanks. So it's not the option I'm looking for then. But again, how can I get PHPDBG to break on pages called by external applications? This is a pretty major feature all the other webapp debuggers support (like ColdFusion's and ASP.NET's)
Site Admin

Quote:
The script is running on a test server not a public server. How am I supposed to debug PHP pages that are called by external web-apps then? Or is this impossible?

It's possible but the main idea behind this is to let you debug your calls, not other's. If you control those external web-apps you may add debugger requests and let debugger trigger. See FAQ on how to run debug session.

Quote:
Ah, thanks. So it's not the option I'm looking for then.

Sure, it's the option to keep on Smile