NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
CVS Help

Hi, I'm using tourtise cvs with NuSphere and it doesn't record any changes I make to any files. For example if I modify a php file and click save and then refresh the file the cvs icon does not change to orange to show it needs committing. I have used tourtise and NuSphere on other computers fine. If I create a new file in the project it will show that this needs adding and then committing to the repository.
I noticed that the file permissions on the folder where the project is, are set to read only but every time I change them they seem to reset themselves. Not sure if that has anything to do with the problem or not. The project checks out fine and when editing thru windows explorer the icons do change to show the files need committing. The settings also appear to be the same as my collegues whoose cvs is working fine.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Site Admin

Quote:
then refresh the file the cvs icon does not change to orange to show it needs committing

It's a limitation of CVS. You need to run status command to have statuses update.
You may want to use SVN instead. It maintains statuses seamlessly.

Regarding readonly attribute, it looks like they are using cvs integrated with PhpED, not tortoise or added -r to checkout and update commands.