NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Constant resizing the debugger/browser pane in v4 *solved*

The new *feature* that constantly resizes the browser/debugger window pane during a debugging session is *extremely* anoying.
Is there anyway of turning this off? I pinned the Workspace pane, and that still didn't help.
I liked the way 3.3 handled it by using the size of the editor pane.

If I can't turn this off, I'm going back to 3.3!

Mad
Site Admin

Some improvements on the issue will come with phepd v4 update pack #1.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Is there any date scheduled for phepd v4 update pack #1?
The log-window issue is driving us nuts to!

Scub
Site Admin

no, we have no specific date scheduled for release of update pack#1. Probably it will happen in next few days.
Meanwhile customers may get hotfix (currently 4039) and in particular there is an ability to turn off auto switching the layout.

What problem is with log window?
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

[quote="ddmitrie"]What problem is with log window?[/quote]

The window constantly resizes.
And the last days I ran into some other very annoying behavier of PHPEd.
I hate automation of windows. They whould just stay open on the place I want.

Now, for the workspace pane, I pinpointed it (so it will stay open). However, the scrollbars in the source pane are gone and even moving the cursor will not show the source. The cursor just disappears in the right part of the screen.

Also, moving the line between windows up/down (to resize the window) give a lot of problems. I.e. making the [Locals] window pane bigger (move the top line of that window up) works: The source windows gets smaller, the [Locals] bigger. But moving the line back to decrease the [Locals] window does not make the source windows bigger again.

I also have to define every time I start PHPEd which toolsbars I want on my screen.

As a progammer, I like a quiet development environment without 'smart options' which resizes whatever.

Compared to the previous version I worked with. V4 is worse working with, however the debugger is working better (the only reason we switched to V4 - which I by now regret).

Hope things will work better in the next update and the 'hidden features' will be solved Wink

Regards, Scub
Site Admin

Quote:
The window constantly resizes

what is it about? when it does resize?
Could you please contact support by email and provide screenshots?
Guru master

I have the same problem. I layout the windows as i like in a debug session (normal.gif) and after the debug session end and I start a new session, the divider of the window on my second screen has moved to the bottom completely and i have to put it in the center again. (shifted.jpg)

View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Guru master

FYI: I got a mail from Nusphere stating that the latest build solves my problem, so I donwloaded it and it seems to be okay now.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

yep, some problems with docked windows are solved in 4039. Few little ones remained and will be fixed in 4041.

At least, docked windows should not resize when IDE enters to a layout. In particular, if you have a log windows of 100x150px in DEBUGGER layout it should keep its size of 100x150px when IDE enters DEBUGGER layout next time.

Some people reported that "resizing problem" still persists in 4039. It turned out that they simply misunderstood the idea of "adaptive gui". When adaptive gui is enabled, IDE supports two general layouts: DEBUGGER layout and NORMAL one. Whatsoever changes made to dockable windows while IDE is in the debugger mode are stored to DEBUGGER LAYOUT and will be replicated when IDE enters debugger mode next time. The same is for NORMAL layout.
In particular, if LOG WINDOW is of 100x150px in the debugger mode, it's not necessarily to be the same size in normal mode when NORMAL layout is in effect, at least until you made it of the same size.

"Adaptive GUI" feature can be turned off in View->Adaptive GUI menu.
Constant resizing the debugger/browser pane in v4 *solved*