NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Complex App, need help with setting up environment.

I'm falling in love with PHPEd, At moments it feels like blind love, I don't see some things and how their done. If I get them squared away, it will be smooth sailing.

We're a team of 2 working on a very Object Oriented business application for the past 3 years. Before PHP Ed, we were using Macromedia Dreamweaver, WSFTP, and a Fedora Linux web server with Apache and PHP5 MySQL5. We use Tortoise SVN for code repository.

[] FIRST ISSUE: Remote Debugging.
we're dumping our home-made framework and going with Zend. I've seen a couple of threads regarding this and I know how to set it up to work with local debugger, HOWEVER we're storing Zend directory on our sever and won't be storing it locally (or in our code repository). In addition to this, our directory structure is different on the server vs. locally on SVN.

I understand we need to purchase the Pro edition and enable remote debugging, but will it work if the directory structure is not the same?

[] SECOND SUBJECT: The setup
I'm lost with all the "how to"s and documentations on setting up PHPEdit with our local Linux box. It is in the local network, and not a outside host.

My problem is this, i have to edit the PHP file, Switch to FTP, Find and Upload the file, switch to the browser check the output, and repeat.

My goal is this: edit the php file in PHPEdit, hit save and "output" to the internal IE browser, and phpEdit will use my server's php.ini, mysql-DB to render the page.

It seems my issue with PHPEdit is not with Using it, but with Setting it up. Rolling Eyes
Any pointers and appropriate links will be greatly appreciated Exclamation
Site Admin

Quote:
will it work if the directory structure is not the same?

It will work even if you do not have local copy at all.
Although if you have, the base case is when the directory structure is the same as one on the serever. Otherwise you may have to add extra mapping entries (after all that's what they are for).

Quote:
My goal is this: edit the php file in PHPEd, hit save and "output" to the internal IE browser, and phpEd will use my server's php.ini, mysql-DB to render the page

this all is supported. Please read these two posts: http://forum.nusphere.com/howto-set-project-mapping-t2135.html and http://forum.nusphere.com/howto-install-debugger-module-t576.html
Regarding "save and upload", you may want to setup a publishing account (see tools->accounts) and select it in the project properties (project->project properties), then check Auto-upload option in the IDE settings (tools->settings).