NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Advice on using SVN

Hey everyone, I just started using SVN and I have a publishing question. Currently, projects on my server are stored under /web_applications/project_name... and I've been using NuSphere to just directly publish files to those directories when I update them. Per SVN recommendations, I've decided to use the tags, brances, trunk directory layout. The problem is though, I don't want my code to be stored on my server as /web_applications/project_name/trunk/file.php. Is there a way to specify folders not to be published, but still include the files beneath them? Or is there some better methodology to use when using SVN and NuSphere? Advice is very appreciated!

Thanks!

I don't know all the recomendations but I usualy only check out the trunk directory to my local directory. I do modifications there commit them to the svn folder and then update them to the live server.
This way when it gets updated to the test server it doesn't publish the trunk folder since the trunk folder doesn't even exist locally.

If I need one of the branches then I check it out instead of the trunk. This way I only have one version of the code on my local workstation and the rest just sits on the server.

It may not be the correct way to do it but it works for me.

TW
Advice on using SVN