NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Add custom shortcut
Veteran

Hi,

I use constantly SVN to update/commit my code on the repository. I use the Tortoise client but right-clicking and then going to Shell menu, then click on commit or update is a bit boring and very time consuming.

I recently found and used your tip about adding directly the commands via the Integration menu. But I think it lacks only one thing I didn't find : how can I add a shortcut to all these submenus ? Is there a hidden way ? I'd like to use the shortcut as for the upload submenu (CTRL+SHIFT+P for project and CTRL+SHIFT+S for file)...

Thanks in advance, I'm sure you'll find something to speed this up.
Site Admin

yes sure:

View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Thanks !!!!

It's great, but there's nothing that tells me if a specified shortcut has already been assigned ... Is there a way to list all the already defined shortcuts ?
Site Admin

Unfortunately, no.
The most close list of shortcuts is in tools->settings->IDE shortcuts, but it does not list shortcuts added through Integration.
Seems it's our fault Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Allright, well are you planning to fix it in a future build ? In the meanwhile, I've got a question : if I set a shortcut that's already predefined, will the new one override the old one or won't it be no effect ?
Site Admin

in most if not all cases existing action/function will have precedence over new if they have the same shortcuts.
Veteran

OK, thanks.

Btw, one little function lacks in the Integration menu. I checked everywhere and it seems there's no way to rename a menu/submenu; the only possibility is to delete it and recreate it. Am I missing something ?

Thanks again for your quick answers,

I wish every software compagny support could be like yours !
Site Admin

Quote:
Btw, one little function lacks in the Integration menu. I checked everywhere and it seems there's no way to rename a menu/submenu

Actually, you can click on the item and press F2 to edit:

(and thanks for your kind words)
Veteran

Amazing, it works perfectly.

I'm sorry I didn't think about just clicking on the item like for renaming a file... it is really a pity that no manual (even a non-exhaustive one) describing the awesome potential of your product is avaible for now - I know, it's long story Smile - and that we always have to post here questions and bother you all the time for such quick problems.

Well, have a nice day and thanks again for all your replies !

Btw, in future builds of PhpEd, it may be useful that you integrate directly by default all the shortcuts for SVN commands in the Integration menu, 'cause, when using frequently SVN, it's more shorter to invoke them by using PhpEd shortcuts than using the shell menu and some external tools as Tortoise's one.
Add custom shortcut