NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
A few pre-sales questions

I've been testing PHPEd for a while now, and I am generally very impressed with the program. I just have a couple of questions before I fork out the cash for a license:

Will this be implemented?

Tag completion in XML/HTML. A nice feature I've seen in several other editors is to suggest the tag name to close when I type the </. In a well-formed file there will always be only one completion possibility.

Tag matching in XML/HTML. Highlighting the corresponding start/close tag in the same way as brace matching works. I think Emacs has this feature.

Autoindenting of block level tags in XML/HTML. Just like the brace autoindenting, but for XML start/end tags.

A real scripting interface. Will there ever be an API to control the editor component from a scripting language?

Is this possible?

Configuring the PHPDocumentor tokens used for syntax highlighting. I use Doxygen to generate my documentation instead of PHPDocumentor, ant it uses a somewhat different set of keywords. Also, it is (also in PHPDocumentor, I think) possible to add your own keywords. It would be nice if this list could be configured somehow.
Site Admin

thanks for your questions Smile

Quote:
Tag completion in XML/HTML, Tag matching in XML/HTML, Autoindenting of block level tags in XML/HTML

I can't say it will never be implemented. Quite the opposite, many requested features are already in our plans, accprding to their particular priorities. But do not expect them to be done in nearest future.

Regarding ability to change PHPDOC tokens, probably we'll make it possible in v4.5 update pack #1.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
A few pre-sales questions