NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Workspace with multiple projects, code completion

Hi,
First time poster, long time reader Very Happy
If you have a workspace open with two (or more) projects in it, and you have project 1 activated as your main project. If i want to access a class in project 2, and start to write the code out then the auto complete doesnt seem to read that file unless it is physically open on screen, e.g.

Code:
$test_var = $project_2->function_name($variable);

As im in project 1 at that point, then i'd expect that once i'd written '$project_2->' i'd get the list of functions available for that class, ('function_name' being one of them) then select from the dropdown which one i'd want. This only happens if i have that specific class file physically open in PhpED, in which case i've already taken the time to locate the file and open it up.. so the whole idea of the quick list seems pretty pointless.

This might not make any sense, but if you try it out you'll see what i mean.

I've also got another issue which happens sometimes, (could be just a setting.. but its not obvious).. Nine times out of ten my tab key will indent code fine, however sometimes it brings up a dropdown list of variables ($_COOKIE is the first one), then wont indent unless i type out the code un-indented, then indent it afterwards. Seems a little odd, and i think its a bug.. just not sure why its doing it.

Is it possible to make the Terminal windows dockable? I'd like to have a terminal window permanently open somewhere when im coding, (like the 'Transfers' box is). As i normally run an error log on the server and am reading that quite frequently (also its a bit annoying that when you choose 'close all but this' on a php window the terminal closes too.. You'd think it'd just close all files of that type.

If its also possible, then i'd like to be able to map the '/' key for keyboard shortcuts. I used to use Zend's IDE, and am used to pressing "Ctrl-Shift-/" to do a block comment of code, i'd like to map this key but it seems you can only map alpha-numeric keys. Another cool feature of zend's ide was that the block comment would do a single line comment if no-text was selected, or only one line of code was.

I realise thats alot for my first post, but i look forward to your responses... Oh and kudos on an awesome development enviroment Very Happy
Guru master

You can specify extra "code insight includes" in the project properties (1st tab-page at the bottom).
So if you define your project2 root directory as a code insight in project1, it will auto complete those too Smile
Hope that helps!
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Hi, I've done that now. Seems like a fairly strange way around it, when the logical thing would to be to use the code insight to automatically look in the workspace's projects, then have the option to exclude ones you don't want it looking in. Maybe i've just got it confused, but it seems that its a bit backwards at the moment.
Guru master

Actually I like the control that this way gives you. I usually have a couple projects open at once (I work on multiple sites) that are completely unrelated. Some of them are several 1000 files. I would hate to get the code insight for project X in Y Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

I'll go here with Blizz as I have many projects on my work space that are not related, but sometimes reuse classes, but it would be a dreadfull thing if one project's code insight would be included in active one.
View user's profileFind all posts by konixnetSend private messageVisit poster's website

Fair enough, I just use different workspaces for the different sites i work on. That way im only working on the code thats relevant for that site at any one time Smile Still wouldnt mind getting an answer on the other requested things though Very Happy
Guru master

The TAB thingy is easily solved: Go to Tools > Settings
In the dialog go to Code Insight > Settings and disable the "Code completion on tab"-setting. I kinda hate that one myself Wink

As for the / shortcut, Ctrl+Shift+/ is already assigned to "Add/remove multiline comment" by default and that works fine.
I have no problems assigned a modifier key + / here as a shortcut.

Can't help you with the terminal thing, I never use the built in functionality for that.
Workspace with multiple projects, code completion