NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Uploading to local network drives

Hi all- I'm trying out PhpED, and I'm virtually thrilled by the functionality. The only question I have before I purchase it (and recommend it for all the PHP coders I know) regards those of us who work with a web server in our local network.

Specifically, I'd like to know if there's a way to configure PhpED to:
Save and test locally, i.e. c:\mywebroot\
And then:
Upload to production via a mapped drive, either as r:\productionweb\ (where r: is a mapped drive to \\web_server\) or publish to \\web_server\productionweb\ etc

Basically, neither the FTP nor the WebDAV are what I need- I need a way to move the files from my local PC (which is running the test server extremely well!) and the production box over the standard windows local networking system.

Thanks, and, again, I'm really digging this IDE!
--Alihahd
Site Admin

Quote:
Save and test locally, i.e. c:\mywebroot\

yes it's possible.

Quote:
And then:
Upload to production via a mapped drive, either as r:\productionweb\

nope. It can't upload through a mapped drive.
But you may work with remote servers using mapped disks the same way as with local ones.
The only way to have files uploaded to a remote host is FTP and/or webdav.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Uggh

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Is this a planned function? I know that many people develop off-site, and use FTP to publish, but I'm guessing that I'm not the only developer who's working in a corporate network where we publish from local machine to remote machine over shared directories.
Site Admin

it looks resonable,
thanks.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

i will second this recommendation. it would be nice if you could publish to a mapped drive. i can't work directly off this mapped server because it is very slow use so I currently work locally and when i want to copy the files I have to do it manually.
Uploading to local network drives