NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Support for Cold Fusion...?

Long story (skip down for abbreviated):
I do the PHP / MySQL jobs, my partner does the ASP / ColdFusion / MSSQL stuff; since we just got a big ColdFusion job we're going to collaborate to finish in a timely fashion. So we both go and download a trial version of some other non-NuSphere SDK (not mentioning any names but its initials are "DW"..) from the company that makes ColdFusion in an attempt to 1) not step on one another's edits, and b) revive my very rusty CF skills. Not to put too fine a point on it, but what an *awful* experience. She-who-uses CF every day but still (stubbornly) uses TextPAD and FTP also hates the "other" SDK and refuses to use it. So we're going to use what we both prefer to use and use the "telephone method" of CVS.

Shorst version:
So I'm using my PhpED to edit CFML with *.cfm files being configured as an HTML filetype, and lo'n'behold, PhpED, with some few exceptions, seems to understand some little bit about CFML tags - to the point that it tells me I have a bad option in my cfquery tags, but slightly out-of-date in that it doesn't understand the "results=" option but amazingly lists all of the other options correctly in the syntax checking.

Dimitri, have you been holding out on us about CFML support?

And is there someplace that we can specifically configure CFML tags and/or add some special syntax coloring for CFML?
Site Admin

Hello NetDCon,

We have no plans on supporting cf directly. But in one of the next versions we'll add an ability to have tags colored differenly. Probably that will make cf files editing a bit easier.

Regarding inline errors analysis, it's never advertized that it supports cfml, but it's possible to add custom tags in CSE Pro version. What comes with PhpED is free (lite) version of CSE tool (http://www.htmlvalidator.com/htmlval/comparisonchart.html).
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Support for Cold Fusion...?