NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Some minor annoyances [v4.5, build 4511]

Hi y'all,

Prior to exercising questions/gripes, lemme first say that I'm finding the new rev a vast improvement over the 3.x versions - thanks much NuSphere peoples. But I gots a few questions/comments:

1) I installed v4.5 with the "PHP5 only" options because all of my WHPs are running PHP5.x. However, when attempting to open a file from the "File -> Open" menu the Open dialog window defaults to PHP4, thus presenting me with nothing but folders (no .php files) to choose from. I realize that it's simple to flick the "Files of type:" selector down to PHP5, but:
Is there a setting that I can chage to set the default file type in the Open selector? And if not, can this ability (..to decide what default file type is selected in the Open dialog, because I'd much prefer it to be *.* anyways though I'll settle for *.php) be added to the "wish list" for the next build?

2) The only monospace font that seems to kern properly in monospace mode is "Courier New", character set notwithstanding. This problem occurs almost exclusive around punctuation/symbols - it's impossible to determine cursor postion, whitespace, etc. and un-setting monospace mode causes even more problems in the character kerning (note: this has been true since 3.3.x near as I can tell).
Any suggestions?

That's all folks!
Site Admin

Quote:
because all of my WHPs are running PHP5.x. However, when attempting to open a file from the "File -> Open" menu the Open dialog window defaults
to PHP4

Good point. Thanks.

Quote:
2) The only monospace font that seems to kern properly in monospace mode is "Courier New", character set notwithstanding. This problem occurs almost exclusive around punctuation/symbols - it's impossible to determine cursor postion, whitespace, etc. and un-setting monospace mode causes even more problems in the character kerning (note: this has been true since 3.3.x near as I can tell).

ok. We'll take a look in this.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

kerning is fixed in phped v4, build 4061, and it is available right now.
regarding v4.5 it will be done in build 4513.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie wrote:
kerning is fixed in phped v4, build 4061, and it is available right now.
regarding v4.5 it will be done in build 4513.

That's great news. I wasn't going to bother mentioning the font stuff because it's so minor of a problem for me. But good news just the same.
View user's profileFind all posts by Rick ChristySend private messageYahoo Messenger
Some minor annoyances [v4.5, build 4511]