NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
SFTP: use my own public/private key

Hi,

i know that it is possible to connect to a SFTP server with the generated keys through PHPEd.

But is there a way to use my own keypair? I dont want to change/add the keys on so many servers...

Otto
Site Admin

If your server runs openssh daemon (sshd), you may want to proceed with the instructions openssh.org to generate the keys. Otherwise you need tools (publicly available from openssl.org for example) to convert the keys to the format that openssh can work with.
Then run PhpED, open Account settings, switch to Keys tab, right click on SSH settings, select add new in the popup, then add public key file name to "public identity files" and private key file name into "host key files". If you generated keys with passphrase, you may want to copy it to Certificate access pass phrase input. Then return back to Accounts tab, select your ssh or sftp account on the left, and update SSH settings dropdown to point to just created keys.