NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Search -> Highlight All

It would be great to have some sort of feature to highlight all of the matches to a search. So, for instance, if I search for $_SESSION and would like to skim through the code and see all of the places I use this variable. Search->Find Next/Find Next/Find Next is a poor substitute because it requires you to progress linearly through the code.
Mark Occurences

Yes, this is a great idea!! Highlight all occurences would be great! It would also be great if there was an extra section of the side bar (maybe where the line numbers are), that represented the entire file. Then, you could put a highlight or a little icon that would represent each one. Then, when you click on it, it will take you right to the occurance.

I was going to request something similar , and that is a "mark occurrences" feature like PHPEclipse. When you put the cursor on a variable, it will mark all instances of that variable on the page. Then, on the side of the IDE, you can see all the occurances on the page. When you click on the link (a small icon), it will take you to that occurance.

Of course code folding is much higher on the list.

Great editor. We have a massive codebase (14,500 files), and PHPED handles it like a champ. Debugging can take a little while if the code makes a lot of database calls (DB2). But, it is still the best!

-r
Another vote - highlight is largely missing feature

I just want to mark another vote for this functionality - it is present in most of even simple text editors, not mentioning web browsers,
and I often pity this feature isn't supported in Nusphere.

- it would be great, if dev team listens us and solves this in some new PhpEd build Smile

Thanks for great product, anyway!

I completely agree with pavel.jelinek! Maybe version 6.0 will be coming out soon with this feature Smile
Search -> Highlight All