NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Regular Expressions

Hi,

The regular expression search and replace just does not work and is very dangerous.

I have a script that has two lines for every line that should be in the file. This was due to FTP formats. If I try to do the simple search for \n\n and replace with \n phpEd replaces ever letter "n" in the script with "\n" literal!

FYI the Regular Expressions checkbox is ticked.

This syntax I have used all in lots of diffrent php editors with a problem. Me and my coleage are very nervous about using the search and replace tool in phpEd because of this.

Regards,

Cameron.
Site Admin

yes, regexp search & replace feature works in line mode only. It can't work with line ends like \r or \n... Also it does not support escapes.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Are there any plans to make the regular expression more powerful? as at the moment they seem quite limited. Its a shame as I and lot of other people use the regular expressions all the time for search and replace of multiable lines. I guess I will have to use a 3rd party app to do this.
Site Admin

Quote:
Are there any plans to make the regular expression more powerful

Yes we have some good plans for that.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Regular Expressions