NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
phpinfo() not reflecting Sql Server driver changes


Joined: 04 Apr 2017
Posts: 40
Reply with quote
Hi,

We recently upgraded our desktops to Win 10 64 bit, from Win 7 32. Actually, we did a complete reimaging, not really an upgrade.


So I installed NuSphere 64 for the first time on this newly imaged desktop. The problem is that phpinfo() doesn't seem to be reflecting the actual flags in the php.ini file.

So e.g., I commented out every MySql reference. And threw in a section (copied from the php.ini file, from the Win 7 version) for the Sql Server 5.6 drivers. I also copied over the DLLs to the extensions folder.

But when I run the NuSphere local server, and examine phpinfo(), it doesn't show any reference to the sql server drivers. And it displays several mysql flags.

I checked (as far as I know) every setting that displays a path to the php.ini file, to make sure it's pointing to the 5.6 folder inside nusphere\phped version. And it seems to be correct.


Is there a specific checklist I should follow? Would it make the search easier, if I uninstalled Nusphere 64, and instead installed 32? I'm not married to either one, although I actually prefer 32-bit applications.
View user's profileFind all posts by NSUserSend private message
Site Admin

Joined: 13 Jul 2003
Posts: 8106
Reply with quote
either you modified a different file, or OS created shadow copy of the file for _your_ account but not for web server, or you forgot to restart web server

_________________
The PHP IDE team
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website


Joined: 04 Apr 2017
Posts: 40
Reply with quote
1. Definitely the same file.

2. It might be related to the accounts with I installed the damn thing. We do have several user accounts, in play. Ok, I'll look into that, thanks.

3. I restarted the web server several times. I even reinstalled NuSphere 3 times, so far.


So you don't think this might be related to the 32 vs 64 bit issue? I was thinking of uninstalling Nusphere 64, and installing the 32 bit version.




dmitri wrote:
either you modified a different file, or OS created shadow copy of the file for _your_ account but not for web server, or you forgot to restart web server
View user's profileFind all posts by NSUserSend private message


Joined: 04 Apr 2017
Posts: 40
Reply with quote
Resolved. Absolutely nothing was working - meaning that the php settings that NuSphere received, seemed to have a mind of its own.

I confirmed with various functions (ini_get, get_loaded_extensions, php_ini_loaded_file, ini_get_all) that the ini file itself was in the expected path. But also confirmed that none of the changed settings were registering.


I even completely uninstalled 64 bit Nusphere in the Program files folder, and reinstalled the 32-bit version in a less protected folder (It was getting annoying, dealing with the Admin prompt, every time I wanted to test a php.ini) change. But that didn't help.


What finally DID help, is running the Debugger Wizard. It reported several errors (e.g. that the extensions were in a different folder from the expected one). But after letting it automatically correct all of the errors, the IDE is running perfectly. The Sql Server drivers are loaded, and everything is running like before.


I have no explanation, but am grateful for the intelligence that has been injected into the Dbg wizard.


Regards,
View user's profileFind all posts by NSUserSend private message
phpinfo() not reflecting Sql Server driver changes
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Reply to topic