NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PhpEd and Magento debugging

Hello, I am currently evaluating your PhpEd and I really like it so far, its fast and reliable. There is one thing that doesnt seem to work though. Its debugging Magento. Magento has lots of classes, scripts and phtml files and debugging just doesnt seem to work. I put a breakpoint in the view.phtml file for example but the debugger doesnt stop there. Same with classes. I put a break point in a controller for example, fired the action that calls the controller and again, it did not stop at the break point. It only stops in index.php when I start debugging.

The debugger check on project creation said everything is ok. This is what I do:

1. I open my project
2. I set some break point on places I am SURE the debugger passes
3. I hit F9

As I said, nothing happens ... am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
Guru master

PhpED works very well with Magento. Maybe you have a file mapping problem so that the debugger does not see your breakpoints?

Just to see if break points do work, try using a DebugBreak() statement and see what happens.

Also, bear in mind with Magento that it uses a fallback mechanism for design/skin (and a few other) files, so ensure you are targetting the correct view.phtml and not one that never gets used.

Hello, it stops at a DebugBreak() and I can use the debugger as expected. As soon as I remove the DebugBreak(), its not stopping at the break point. What can be wrong? How can I check if there is a file mapping problem? Can that be the solution if DebugBreak() works?

Thanks!
Guru master

It could be a file mapping issue, but there is a post in the Debugger forum with someone who is having problems with their breakpoints not being hit. I'm unsure as to whether they have a configuration issue or v10 has a bug. Are you running the new v10 and which build?

plugnplay wrote:
It could be a file mapping issue, but there is a post in the Debugger forum with someone who is having problems with their breakpoints not being hit. I'm unsure as to whether they have a configuration issue or v10 has a bug. Are you running the new v10 and which build?

Yes, I am running version 10 (build 10023eval). When it hits the DebugBreak() and I push continue, it stops at the next breakpoint after the DebugBreak(), so it seems to know the breakpoints in general. This does not work when I remove the DebugBreak(). The same breakpoint that was recognized before is not recognized after removing the DebugBreak().

Thanks for your help!

Regards

I bought the full version now and the break points work like expected! It seems to be a problem of the evaluation version. Anyways, problem solved for me.

Regards!

Magento is written on php and mysql and phped works very well with Magento. phpEd and Magento debugging is connected to each other. If you see any error, then try DebugBreak() statement and see what is your result.

Looking for Magento Go Development Services? visit at magentogodesigner.com
PhpEd and Magento debugging