NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Old deleted mapping still active

I am very new to PhpED. I have it running in Windows XP, with a connection to an Apache server on another machine.

I got the mappings for my project working to where I am able to successfully edit and publish files within the document root - /var/www/html/... . However, I need to be able to work with files that are located in /var/www/ and /var/www/other-directories-than-html .

I have used the suggestions on this page, mostly to the good:

http://www.nusphere.com/kb/technicalfaq/howto_set_project_mapping.htm

When I try to publish to /var/www/, the new file is written to the Apache server at a location that matches an old directory mapping that I had made very early in my setup of PhpED. I deleted that mapping, and it does not show up in the mapping list for the project. But the publishing still occurs as if it is.

I can tell it is an old mapping because it uses an obsolete file path that is totally separate from the /var/ directory tree on my Apache server.

Where does PhpED store mappings in Windows XP? Maybe I need to do a manual delete?
Work-around found

BTW, I found a way to work-around my problem - by starting from scratch and creating a whole new workplace and project, and closely following the suggestions on that project mapping page.

So, while I am still interested in an answer, it is mostly an academic interest now.
Site Admin

I'm interested in this answer too.
Quote:
I deleted that mapping, and it does not show up in the mapping list for the project. But the publishing still occurs as if it is.

Could you reproduce this problem? If you can, please submit a report at support. TIA.