NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
No default browser installed?

Hello, I've just installed PhpED 3.3.3 and I am playing around a bit. I've already set up the debugger, now I'm trying to run it in external browser, but it displays a message:

[Run in debugger]
"Seems, there is no default HTML Browser installed.
Error code=2."

[Run]
"Failed to run HTML browser. Seems, there is no default browser installed on your system or HTML extension is not associated with browser.
Error code=2."

I definetly have a default browser and html extension registered with it. It's just not IE, it's FireFox. How could that be a problem? And, the wierdest thing is, the browser actually opens and loads up the proper page, it works as it is supposed to. The error message is annoying, tho.

Second thing; why does the thing always open in a new browser window? Same window should be just fine.

Another thing, when can a debugger module for linux tech platform be expected? I tried evaluation version at home on windows, and it's sweet and all, but in order to use it seriously, I need a linux php extension. How are things standing on the issue?

Otherwise, good work, I am really pleased with the debugger, just what I am looking for. Need support for linux server tho Smile.

Best regards,
G
Site Admin

not sure why ShellExecute() executes your FireBox properly and returns Error=2 Smile I'll take a closer look at that.
Regarding debugger for other platforms, please read FAQ on how to install debugger module.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I apologize... I've read the FAQ, but obviosly not carefully enough, because I didn't find the extensions for different systems, I was looking for it in a wrong place; TechPlat/apache/php/extensions

Found it now, thanks.

BTW, the problem with FireFox also occured on my other system, so it appears like a generic problem.

Best regards.
No default browser installed?