NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Line highlight not working clicking on errors in nav bar

Hi!

I noticed that when you click on an error or warning in the editor's navigation bar, the cursor gets properly moved to the correct point in the code (and the focus correctly IS in the editor, as if you start to type new code gets inserted in the proper point) but the line does NOT get highlighted with the standard line highlight settings from the editor configs.

That is clearly wrong, as even simply using the left or right arrow on keyboard does then indeed highlight the row as it should.

Thanks for you attention!
Site Admin

I'm not sure what line highlighting is and what settings are there for it.
A screenshot showing what you're expecting and what you're getting would be very helpful.
Perhaps, something is wrong with color scheme but I'd like to see this first

I'll show you with images step by step:

a) I'm editing a php source code which has errors. I'm currently on line 11, which is correctly highlighted with the light gray background I have in my color scheme.

b) Now I'm hovering on the first error icon on the right, but I still haven't clicked on it: the text cursor is still on line 11, and line 11 is still highlighted

c) Now I click on the error: cursor has now CORRECTLY moved to line 30, which has the error, BUT line 30 is NOT highlighted as the current line, with the light gray background

d) Now I pressed the right arrow key, and the cursor has moved one char to the right as expected, and now the row IS CORRECTLY highlighted as usual with the light grey background.

I hope I've made this clear, feel free to ask more!

Thanks!

Rechecked with 20036 and the bug is still present.

Rechecked with 20037 and the bug is still present.
Site Admin

Intended behavior here is to temporary highlight the line when focus jumps from elsewhere like from Problems tab or Search results. Background color should be picked from the palette, but this palette is something that can be fixed easily in v20 without breaking other things. So it's just default background for now.
Issue will be resolved in the next major release later on this year.